PDA

View Full Version : Don't want link back feature

editor
12-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Call me altruist, or I just know I won't get many to join requiring a link back, but is there any way around this? I had a top 100 list free for all that of course went defunct which is why I found your excellent services. I do not want a link back if that means most will not join. Any way before I set it up that I can get around this?

Scott
12-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Well, if you are running a top 100 list, the point is for all the sites on the list to "trade traffic" with each other through your list. If no one is sending visitors to your list then it isn't going to be getting any visitors to send out to the people on your list.

The other thing about Top 100's is that the more visitors you send to the top 100, the higher up you are listed, thus getting more traffic back to your site. Without linking to the top 100 using your specific link code, you are not going to move up the rankings.

So the short answer is, no, there's really no way to run a successful top 100 list without requiring people to link back to your top 100 using their link code.

You would have more people joining your top list if you have some sites sending visitors. People don't want to join a list where all the sites have 0 hits in and 0 hits out because they know they are not going to get anything from it. You might be surprised how many people will join your list if you ask them - trading links is a very big part of being a webmaster.