PDA

View Full Version : BC to Admin on all email

Dirty Butter
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I'd like to get a blind copy of all emails I send to members, as a record of what I sent them and when.

treehousetim
07-31-2006, 01:44 AM
I'd like to get a blind copy of all emails I send to members, as a record of what I sent them and when.

Hi,

My name is Tim Gallagher, and I'm doing enhancements for Dave.

I have a question regarding this feature request.

Right now, the website sends out a single email for each person you select.

Do you want a BCC message for each message that is sent so you have a record of who you sent the message to.

or would you rather have a single copy of the message sent to you without the names of the recipients?

Thanks,

- Tim

Scott
07-31-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm thinking probably the latter - I don't think I want the system to double the amount of emails it sends out. Just one copy of the email sent to the list owner for their records would be fine.

Dirty Butter
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
I have my own blog on the list, so if all I need is a copy of the email, I can include myself in the mailing. What I really need is to know who I mailed it to. I see what you mean about clogging the server, but would there be some way of keeping a list of who a specific email was posted to?

treehousetim
08-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I have my own blog on the list, so if all I need is a copy of the email, I can include myself in the mailing. What I really need is to know who I mailed it to. I see what you mean about clogging the server, but would there be some way of keeping a list of who a specific email was posted to?

I have a way to send you a list of email addresses the message was sent to without needing to send you a message for every person the message is being sent to.

When you receive your blind carbon copy of the message, it will have a list of receipents in it, but you will only receive a single message.

Sound good?

- Tim

Dirty Butter
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Perfect!

treehousetim
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM

Hello,

This is now in place, and should be working.

Please let me know if you have problems with it, or just questions about how it works.

Enjoy!

- Tim

Dirty Butter
08-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Would the BCC be instantaneous? I just emailed several members, but have not received any copies.

treehousetim
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Would the BCC be instantaneous? I just emailed several members, but have not received any copies.

How did you email your members? Did you email them using the website?

If you log in to your control panel, then click Contact Members and go through this tool to contact, then it should be working.

One reason it might not be working is if you have no email, or the wrong email address listed on your account.

From the main manager control panel, click "Edit Account" and verify that you have the correct email address in your account.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

- Tim

Dirty Butter
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
My email is just fine, Tim. I did use the toplist mail system. These were individual emails to members. Would that be the difference?

treehousetim
08-07-2006, 06:09 PM
My email is just fine, Tim. I did use the toplist mail system. These were individual emails to members. Would that be the difference?

I tested this just now with a test list with two members.

both members have the same email address (mine)
and the list admin's address is set to the same address (mine) also.

So, when I send a message to these two members (by clicking the checkboxes on the initial screen) I receive three emails.

One for each member, and one because I'm the admin.

The admin email looks different.

Do you have a spam filter that might possibly be filtering away the messages?

- Tim

Dirty Butter
08-07-2006, 08:07 PM
It worked just fine with a list with more than one member to contact. It did not do a BCC for 1 email to 1 member, which would also be helpful.

treehousetim
08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
It worked just fine with a list with more than one member to contact. It did not do a BCC for 1 email to 1 member, which would also be helpful.

Hello.

I just tested this with a single member, and it worked like a charm.

I received two messages (reference previous message about the members of my test list having the same email address as I have).

I received the message that is sent to the member, and I received the message sent to the admin containing the list of addresses the message was sent to. In this case, the list contained a single address as I had only checked a single receiptent.

Can you send me a link of the page you're using to send messages?

Thanks!

- Tim

Dirty Butter
08-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Tim, let me give you an example of how I might use a Contact of just 1 member.

In checking out blogs, I notice one only has 1 vote, so I go to it, to see what the problem is, and I can't find the voting link. (it was there earlier)

I go back to the Member List and Search for a word in the Name of the site.

Then I use the Contact link from there. In other circumstances, I might have hit Edit, looked at some information, and then chosen Contact.

That's the one that is not doing a BCC.

It doesn't seem likely that I would be sending individual emails to members from the Contact Members list of all members, but would normally be dealing with a problem concerning their banner or some such from the Member List/Edit information.

treehousetim
08-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks!

I look into this.

- Tim

treehousetim
08-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Tim, let me give you an example of how I might use a Contact of just 1 member.

In checking out blogs, I notice one only has 1 vote, so I go to it, to see what the problem is, and I can't find the voting link. (it was there earlier)

I go back to the Member List and Search for a word in the Name of the site.

Then I use the Contact link from there. In other circumstances, I might have hit Edit, looked at some information, and then chosen Contact.

That's the one that is not doing a BCC.

It doesn't seem likely that I would be sending individual emails to members from the Contact Members list of all members, but would normally be dealing with a problem concerning their banner or some such from the Member List/Edit information.

Fixed.

Dirty Butter
08-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much. It's working perfectly.