PDA

View Full Version : Competition Advice Please for Resetting Stats

shopnz
07-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi...my son and daughter are running a competition on their topsite. The highest number of votes will win a $250 Book Voucher supplied by sponsors. (sorry guys, only open to NZ schools..!)

At the moment stats are set to NEVER RESET. But when we get the final sponsor I want to set the stats to reset after 30days to give us a winner, but keeping all the votes already counted.

My questions are: "When I reset it to 30 days - will I lose the current in/out votes? I do not want to lose them before the 30days are up."

"Is there a way I can check to see who was the winner in case I am not sitting at the computer when the competition ends after the 30days?"

You can see what I mean http://schoolnz.gotop100.com

Hope that makes sense. The site has not officially been 'Launched' so I want to get this right before we write the newspaper editorial...!!!

Scott
07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
On your top list, all sites will go back to 0 hits in and 0 hits out. However, you can log in to your admin and check the stats - it will tell you which site was listed at #1 at each reset. That should give you the info you need :)

The other alternative is just to look at your toplist after 30 days and see which site is in the #1 spot.

shopnz
07-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply, I have only just realised there is a manual re-rank system in place :oops: - just what I need!

Also to let you know that your topsite script is awesome, really easy to navigate! Thanks

Scott
07-08-2006, 03:29 PM

LadyRohan
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
On your top list, all sites will go back to 0 hits in and 0 hits out. However, you can log in to your admin and check the stats - it will tell you which site was listed at #1 at each reset.

Will that also list who was at 2nd & 3rd?

Scott
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
No, just #1.