PDA

View Full Version : Family Friendly BLOG VILLAGE

Dirty Butter
08-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I started our toplist 2 months ago because I was tired of opening blogs on the traffic exchanges and having offensive pictures thrown at me, whether I wanted to see them or not. I was also concerned about the blogs that used profanity in their own banners and in their post titles, as I do my surfing in a family area where children would be able to see the screen.

Our TopList, BLOG VILLAGE (http://blogvillage.gotop100.com/), has 145 members as of today, and we're still growing! I'm finally having time to customize the look of the TopList, so I'd appreciate your suggestions for any changes you think I should make. And, if anyone would like to join our list, we would be glad to consider you for membership.

Dirty Butter
09-01-2006, 10:02 AM
We're now 3 months old and we have 170 members! Being the admin of a TopList has turned out to be quite an experience, one that I've enjoyed, but one that's been more time consuming than I would have imagined that it would have been.

Are you finding that administering your toplists takes time, or is it just me?

Dirty Butter
10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Wooohooo! We've passed the 200 member mark!! :D :lol: 8)

Scott
10-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Awesome - congrats! That grew pretty fast didn't it! :)

Dirty Butter
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I really didn't have any way of judging if it was fast or not, but if you say it's fast, I guess it was. I think I just found a need that hadn't been filled adequately. We're up to 205 right now. We've actually had about 230 in all, but a lot of people just don't bother to put the voting link on their blogs, even after I give them a warning and time to comply, so I've deleted them.