PDA

View Full Version : back slash with ' in emails

Dirty Butter
09-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Here's something else to add to your to do list :D

Every time I use an apostrophe in an email it shows up as a back slash in the reader's email. From what I understand, this is an easy bug fix, common to a lot of software, as I see it in a lot of other places, too.

Looks like I'm keeping your programmer busy!! :wink:

treehousetim
03-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Here's something else to add to your to do list :D

Every time I use an apostrophe in an email it shows up as a back slash in the reader's email. From what I understand, this is an easy bug fix, common to a lot of software, as I see it in a lot of other places, too.

Looks like I'm keeping your programmer busy!! :wink:

Can you post a sample of an email you've sent, and can you tell me how to click through the manager admin screens to get to the form where you're sending email from?

Thanks,

- Tim Gallagher
GoTop100.com site programmer

Scott
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I see that an email you just sent out on the system does not have slashes after the apostrophes. So we are trying to pinpoint exactly how this problem is being occasionally caused.

Dirty Butter
03-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Hmmmmm. I sent out 3 emails today. One of them didn't happen to have an apostrophe anywhere in it. Both of the others show the back slash on my copy of the emails.

Scott
03-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I see one that was sent yesterday morning, with the word "I'm" in the 2nd line, and no slash in the email.

Scott
03-11-2007, 03:20 PM
BTW, I'm not disputing that there are slashes sometimes, I see them too occasionally, just have to figure out how they occur.

Dirty Butter
03-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not disputing what you see, either. I'm just wondering if my members see the slashes, or if it's something Outlook is doing. I have recently changed to Outlook 2007, from 2002. It's the same on both.

Scott
03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't think your members see the slashes, because I see the email exactly as they would. At least not in these particular emails.

Can you forward me a copy of the most recent email you sent to dave at gotop100 (you cc'd yourself, right?)

Dirty Butter
03-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I just sent out a new mailing, but this one doesn't have any back slash problems. I'll send you an attached copy of the next one that has the slashes, if it happens again. Maybe you've fixed it!!

Scott
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Haven't changed anything yet ;)

Dirty Butter
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
:roll:
ROTFL!!!

Dirty Butter
03-13-2007, 01:43 AM
I just sent you an email attachment with the back slashes, plus a possible reason for it happening erratically.

Scott
03-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Got it and responded :)

Dirty Butter
03-13-2007, 02:15 AM
I sent the same email to a member from the individual and the group contact link, plus a set that was copied from Notepad as well. When she gets back in touch with me, I should be able to tell you which configuration has the glitch.

Nope .. don't need to wait on her. I can tell from my cc copies. Notepad doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's the individual contact link that's causing it.

Scott
03-13-2007, 03:25 AM
That's what I suspected. Thanks for checking into it for me. I'll forward the info to the programmer.