PDA

View Full Version : Re-Ranking / Voting Question

DiamondTiger
09-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Okay, color me stupid... I'm pregnant and so my smart cells aren't exactly working right now. :lol: Please forgive me if there is an answer to my question here already... and slap my hand and point me to it. ;)

I just set my list to re-rank every 1440 minutes (24 hours). Does this mean too (which I'm hoping it does) that any vote submitted by the same IP in less than a 24 hour period will not be counted when the list re-ranks? I don't want people to be able to pad their numbers.

Any help y'all can be in answering this question will be greatly appreciated. :D

Scott
09-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Hello and welcome!

Reranking every 24 hours won't stop people from padding their numbers. It is preferable to rerank every hour so that you don't have people constantly emailing you saying "How come my site isn't showing up on the list? I had someone click my link for me and it didn't count!"

If you log in to your admin and click "Advanced Setup" then "List Options" you will see where you can set how many hours until a person can vote again. It defaults to 24 but you can change that to anything you would like.

DiamondTiger
09-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Thank you Dave. I'll go do that right now. :D