PDA

View Full Version : Enter Button could be worded better??

Dirty Butter
01-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I have a lot of newbies on my TopList, and quite a few of them find the wording on the Gateway page button to be confusing. They don't realize that the ENTER button is how they VOTE, since the vote count for the blog doesn't change immediately.

Could you possibly change the wording on that button, so as to be clear that a click IS a vote, which will show up on the next server cycle??

Scott
01-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I could, but not everyone use the terms "vote" for their top lists either. Really, sending a visitor to a site is not a "Vote" for the site they came from. I will try to think of some way to make it more clear.

Scott
01-24-2007, 11:32 PM
I just had a thought - since I can't please both the people who like to call it a vote, and people who like it to say "enter" - can you put a little explanation on your gateway page? There is an option for gateway pages where you can add text to the page. That way you can explain it for the newbies if you like ;)

Dirty Butter
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I've done that, with two different wordings. What I have now seems to be helping more. It just seems awkward to have to explain that button. I did not realize some TopList don't think of this as a vote, though. All the ones I've ever been on do.

Vote by Clicking to Enter BLOG VILLAGE

(This is what I have above the Button now.)

Dirty Butter
01-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Thought I'd mention that the BlogAdvance Toplist has Enter and Vote on one button and Enter Without Voting on the other one.