PDA

View Full Version : Comments without Rating = -1???

Dirty Butter
01-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Would you please consider changing the way the Rating is counted as a negative one if someone Comments on a site, but forgets, or does not want to leave a Rating? -1 is terribly harsh and damaging to a great Rating!

Doesn't seem fair. I try to go through and delete those comments if I notice a great blog having a lower Rating than seems reasonable, but that's a band aide to the real problem.

Please change this, if at all possible. If they don't Rate, it shouldn't effect the Rating!!

Scott
01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll have the programmer look into it asap

Dirty Butter
01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks!! I appreciate your quick response very much.

Scott
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
No problem. Strangely enough I thought we had taken care of this issue over a year ago. I'm looking into what is going on....

Scott
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok so I have some information for you - the -1's don't affect the rating at all. You only see a -1 in your admin to signify that it was "not rated". We're going to try to change that to "Not Rated" so we don't confuse any more people.

We did spot an oddity in the way the system deals with deleted comments/rankings which would explain why you might see a site with all perfect 10 rankings have an overall ranking of less than 10. We will see what we can do to fix this.

Scott
02-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Everything should be ok now - let me know if you see any issues.

Dirty Butter
02-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I have since deleted the -1, but I did have one member with 2 ratings, a 10 and the -1. They showed a rating of 6 on the TopList, so I don't know for sure that you had it fixed or not.

I'm going to comment without rating on another member who has only the 10 I give when they become members. I'll see what happens to that one, and let you know.

Dirty Butter
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I just tried it out, and it worked fine. Maybe the one I thought was a no rating was really a 1 with no comment. Anyway, it's fine now. I'm going to delete the comment now, and see what that does to the perfect 10. I'll be back :wink:

After deleting and manually re-ranking, she still has a 10. Worked fine!!

Thanks for explaining the -1 and for checking on it.

Scott
02-01-2007, 11:19 PM
No problem. The problem we found with the deleted comments/ratings not actually changing the rating should be fixed as well.