PDA

View Full Version : Member disappeared

homeandfamily
02-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Hello,

A member of my topsite sent me the following email:

Hello there, I submitted my site quite some time ago on the top list for Home and Family. I have even voted for my site through the link on my site. I see that my site no longer appears and my login information is no longer recognized. Have I been blacklisted or is this a technical error.

When I checked her site, my banner was there and her link was ..ref=198. When I went to my control panel, #198 is missing. I have 197 and 199, but no 198.

Please help. Thanks!

Scott
02-21-2007, 04:53 PM
It sounds like her site was deleted. I don't think it could have been any sort of glitch in the system though.

The way she speaks, it sounds like her site was appearing and she was able to log in at one point, so her account was working properly.

From that the only conclusion I can draw is that her site information was deleted.

The only thing you can do is ask her to resubmit her information and change her linking code to the new one she gets when she signs up.

homeandfamily
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I already told her that she would have to resumbit her information. I figured that since her site was deleted, there wouldn't be an easy way to just get it back. I told her that I would manually add some hits to her listing to make up for the error.

The strange thing is that she says that she didn't delete her info. Is there any reason why a site would be deleted other than the member doing it? It doesn't seem likely, but she swears!

I replied to her telling her that if she signs up again, that she should use a different password, just as a precaution. I am thinking that maybe someone just found out her password or something.

Anyway, thanks for your fast reply. Since I have you here... I would like to ask if there is anyway my topsite can be included in your Top 100 Directory? Thanks!

Scott
02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually members can't delete their own sites. The only people who can do it are top list owners, and me.

So, unless it really was a glitch where she never actually showed up on the list at all, (ie her account was never fully created, but she did get an email containing her linking instructions), then I have no idea what could have happened.

If it were a glitch where accounts were getting deleted occasionally, then I'm sure I would see a lot more of it happening and not just this one time. (And I'm sure I'd hear about it from the top list owners ;) )

About the directory - we have our programmer working on a solution so that all active sites are automatically added to the directory. It has been a long time coming, but we hope to have it ready soon. I stopped adding sites to the directory a long time ago because of all of the spam submissions I had to wade through. There are probably a few thousand of them in there by now.