PDA

View Full Version : Banners at top of Top List?

Skye
05-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I know you go to the list breaks part of the design area to create banners for the top of the toplist page but how are they inserted? I have tried several things but they don't show up...Also is there a size limit?

Scott
05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Can you tell me what you have tried? That way I can tell you where you might be going wrong.

Did you manually rerank your top list or click "Apply Design" afterward? If not, changes won't show until the next list rerank.

Skye
05-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I browsed my files and selected a thumbnail jpg and added it in. It doesn't show up on the toplist even though it appears in the edit menu. The text I added shows up. I'd like to add some other banners there but I want to have an idea of what I'm doing first. I wonder if there is a size limit or anything else you might be albel to help me understand about it.

yes, I re-ranked the list

Scott
05-12-2007, 05:33 AM
What is your top list URL? I'd like to have a look at the banner.

There is a file size limit of 60kb but if you tried to upload something bigger it wouldn't let you and it wouldn't show up in the admin screen.

Scott
05-12-2007, 06:07 AM
We discovered a small bug with the new "different header for the top of every page" system. I think that is what is affecting your banner. We will have to look into it further tomorrow and get it fixed.

In the meantime, if you delete that banner and add it to the "Overall Header" that appears at the top of every page of your list, it will work.

Skye
05-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks I got the top banner to work, The others are not working yet though. My Url is http://sterlingsims2.gotop100.com/. Skye :)

Scott
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Glad you got it to work :) They are working on the part of the system where you can add different html to the top and bottom of each page today. Hopefully it will be all fixed by the end of the day.