PDA

View Full Version : In and Out Question

jacqueline
05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Members are asking me how can they get their group to the top of the list and why the numbers on their in and out is not moving? :(

Scott
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Jaqueline,

How are your members linking to your top list? They need to use the link code given to them when they signed up. That is the only way hits in are going to go up. What is your top list by the way?

jacqueline
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
My top list is called "Must Join Groups"

I think I know what you mean, you're saying a person must use their banner from their group page to go to the top list?

Scott
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I think we are speaking different languages :) I'm not sure what you mean by group page....

All I am saying is, when a person signs up to your top list, they get an email with a link code (special url) to link to your top list. They can also get this same link code by logging in to the member area of your top list. They must use this link code for hits in to be counted. If they don't, and just link directly to your toplist (http://yourtoplist.gotop100.com) then the script has no way of knowing which member the link came from, and it will not count a hit in for anyone.

Hope that clears it up :)

Scott
05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
By the way, can you tell me which particular members were asking you about their hits in and I can check to see if they are using the correct link codes?

Thanks!

jacqueline
05-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Okay and sorry to be a pest, thank you!

Scott
05-24-2007, 06:11 PM
No problem at all :) I hope everything makes sense now.

kidsdecor
11-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Dave,

where exactly do folks have to put that code in their sites in order to count in the rank? Their index page? or wherever the logo link is placed?

Can you provide an example of what it should look like on their in terms of code?

Thanks!

Scott
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello,

They can put the link code anywhere they want on their site. To get an example, log in as a member of your list (not as the owner) and click "Get your link code".