PDA

View Full Version : Basis <b>bold</b> html on Announcements Page

shopnz
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Hi, I am enquiring if I can use basic html on the announcements page. I want to add bold words.

I have used the html code just like this

on the preview it shows up the html code I have used, but I have no idea if it will be formatted correctly when sent out.

Someone has just signed up to be added and I wanted to check this before I send out her approval reply unless it is full of html code.

Does that make sense!

Thanks in advance
Jane

Scott
07-05-2007, 04:43 AM
Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by announcements page. Do you mean you are sending out an email? If so, then html code such as [b] etc will not send properly. It will just appear as html code.

Dave

shopnz
07-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Hi Dave, sorry I didn't make myself clear. What I mean by the announcement page is the page where you say:

'yes your site has been approved'

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

kind regards
Jane

Scott
07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry I'm still not clear on which page you mean. Can you send me the exact URL of it?

Thanks!

shopnz
07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Here you go Dave:

http://www.gotop100.com/manager/advanced.php?service=approval_options

thank you for your patience!

Scott
07-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Ahhh ok I get it now. That is the email that gets sent out to a new member when they join your list. So, code such as [b] will show up as html code when that email gets sent to them. The emails just get sent out as text format.

BTW, what part of NZ are you from? My sister just moved there with her family from Canada.

Dave