PDA

View Full Version : Open in the same browser window?

shopnz
07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
My wish would be that when people click OUT of the topsite, when they click on thier BACK BROWSER button it would take you back to the topsite again.

Is there anyway to fix that - not sure of the termonology

Thanks for listening!

Jane

Scott
07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Jane,

This is already implemented. Go to "Advanced Setup" and then click "List Options". You will see where it says "Open sites in a new window". This defaults to yes, but if you set it to no, when they click the links it will not open a new browser window.

Dave

shopnz
07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
:oops: Thanks Dave!

shopnz
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry Dave...me again! - I followed your instructions and found that I had indeed already set 'Open Sites in New Window' to 'No'

When I click on sites on my toplist, and then click the 'back' button it does not bring me back to the topsite.

Sorry to be a pain!

shopnz
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Ignore the last comment...just worked out what I was doing wrong...I see now that if I exit the site it DOES bring me back to the topsite.....I had been clicking the back button.....

thanks Dave!

Scott
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi again,

The reason we have it default to open sites in a new browser window is that when people click out to a site on the list, it redirects through an "out" script which counts the hit, then sends the visitor to the site.

All the visitor has to do is close that browser window and the top list is still open in the other window.

If you choose to have it open in the same window, when the user clicks the back button, they go back to the "out" script which redirects them back to the site they were just clicking back from. The only way to get back to the top list is to quickly double click the back button before the "out" script has a chance to redirect again.

I hope that makes sense.

Dave