PDA

View Full Version : Ranking all aspects

nikkicandles
07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I think it would be great to have the websites ranked by a combination of hits in, hits out and ratings. I rate by hits in but my list members are constantly asking why hits out aren't counted or ratings.

Scott
07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello and thank you for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind, although I can't say for sure right now if that is even possible with our system.

Most people choose not to use hits out as a method of ranking because naturally, the sites at the top get more hits out, which keeps them at the top. The sites below, being lower down in the list, do not get as many hits out because people just naturally click the top sites first. Consequently these sites never have much of a chance to rise up in the rankings. Hits in or rating seem to be a more fair way of ranking.

Dave

Dirty Butter
07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm experimenting with ranking by Hits Out right now. We have about 450 blogs on our list, but most people don't take the time to vote for the blogs. They do, however, use the toplist as a Blogroll. So, using Hits Out seemed reasonable for our situation.

needmorestamps
10-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I would also love to see a combination of hits in/out for rakings!