PDA

View Full Version : title fonts..and two other questions (one font, one on hits)

water05201
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
When I look at my top site (as a manager) the title is in a bubbly sort of wide font. However, when I go to my top site via the two sites I have added (as a visitor clicking in from a memebrs page) the title is in a spidery curvive script.

Part two: there are I think 4 fonts to chose from in advanced set up. Can I add more? How?

Finally, a totally unrelated question. I have added two sites to my list, and hit in and out and back and forth...yet no hits have shown up either today nor yesterday. Do I have a setting wrong? What could it be?

Scott
08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
You should see the exact same font no matter which way you visit your list. Maybe you were previewing your list from the manager admin before it had actually reranked.

If you edit your design "manually" you can type in whichever font you'd like to. You are safest to stick to the basic browser-based fonts though so that you know everyone has those fonts on their computer. If you choose something that only you have installed then it will look totally different to people who don't have that font installed. If you edited manually, you would be safe with changing all occurances of font-family to font-family: verdana; (or arial, or times).

When you add your own lists to your own top list, it won't count any hits in or out from your computer for 24 hours, and then only once every 24 hours. This prevents people from signing up and artificially inflating their hits in and out.

water05201
08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Any idea of where I could get a list of more than the five fonts you have that most ppl have on their pc? Or where I can get a list of what the fonts you have look like?

TY for the hits info. So sites I add will only count as one hit every 24 hours if I myself hit on them? What if other ppl hit on them? Does the program have a way of telling who is hitting on them (besides me) and will it only count one hit per person (or Ip address, or whatever) every 24 hrs?

water05201
08-13-2007, 03:52 PM
You should see the exact same font no matter which way you visit your list. Maybe you were previewing your list from the manager admin before it had actually reranked......

No, it did it yesterday as well. And then today, and I hadn't changed anything. First it was the bubbly type , and then it was the spidery cursive. And I checked from BOTH sites, and it was the spidery cursive from both sites! I set it to fantasy - I'm not sure if fantasy means the bubbly one or the spidery one?

Scott
08-13-2007, 03:57 PM
What do you mean by looking at your top list as a manager?

Scott
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Any idea of where I could get a list of more than the five fonts you have that most ppl have on their pc? Or where I can get a list of what the fonts you have look like?

TY for the hits info. So sites I add will only count as one hit every 24 hours if I myself hit on them? What if other ppl hit on them? Does the program have a way of telling who is hitting on them (besides me) and will it only count one hit per person (or Ip address, or whatever) every 24 hrs?

I'm not sure re: the list of fonts. Most websites are done in either arial, verdana, or times. If you use the ones in the drop down boxes, those fonts are standard names for fonts. They are not specific fonts, but font types that most browsers have user editable settings for.

With regards to hits, it only counts one hit per day per computer. That way people can't cheat. If you click out to a site, it will count that once per day. If you click out to a different site on the same list, it will also count that once per day.

Hope that helps!

water05201
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
What do you mean by looking at your top list as a manager?

Like when I am in the edit mode as manager, and click the "view your top site" - Then I see it always as bubbly letters (sorry I don't know which font I am referring to, just describing it).

But when I go to my own sites (like http://biblebaptistbennington.com )and click on the banner my link code has generated, when I get to top sites that way, the title font looks like a spidery cursive. I just now tried it again, and it did it again!

Scott
08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I have no clue what could be causing that - what browser are you using?

I just did the exact same thing logged in as you and see the same font no matter which way I visit your site. I don't see any bubbly font, just a cursive type of font.

water05201
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I have no clue what could be causing that - what browser are you using?

I just did the exact same thing logged in as you and see the same font no matter which way I visit your site. I don't see any bubbly font, just a cursive type of font.

hmmm...ok. That must be the fantasy font then. I wish you could see what I see. LOL. I am using firefox. I'll switch to Explorer, and see if it makes a difference.

Wow - I just tried to "save page as" to see if it would save the bubbly font..and when I load it from the saved file, it shows up as cursive! Yet every time in the manager mode, it is still bubbly. I guess it doesn't matter, as long as everyone else is seeing it as cursive.

water05201
08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
BTW, it changes all the font for these words (not just the title):

"Welcome to Top IFB Sites of New England
Add Me | Login
>IFB New England
Last Update: Mon, 08.13.07 9:44
Next Update: Mon, 08.13.07 10:14
Next Reset: never
Sites: 2"

water05201
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Also, I found this site that gives ppl a good idea of what the different fonts look like, in case (like me) they know nothing about web design besides what they self-teach. It's here: http://webdesign.about.com/cs/webdesignfonts/a/aa051903a.htm

ps. I changed it to serif from fantasy based on the above website, so the question is moot.

Scott
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I like serif a lot better - I find fantasy hard to read myself.

Glad you were able to find that page :)