PDA

View Full Version : Spam Comments

blogvillage
02-03-2012, 05:44 AM
I have noticed several of the members have spam comments. The comment is either complete gibberish or the person does not rate the site, but leaves their URL. As ADMIN I cannot see a way to delete these.

Is there a way to delete comments? Is there a way to make sure the person writing the comment is a toplist member or a real person?

This top list is getting to be a real drag to maintain.:cool:

admin
02-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Hello, though you can delete comments from your control panel

Member Maintenance -> Search/Edit Members -> Comments -> Delete

but it's not comfortable because they are shown for each toplist member separately. In a short time I'll make comment moderation, reviewing and deletion the way it should be .

admin
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Also captcha for comments will be implemented.

admin
02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
By the way. Does anyone really need these comments? I'm thinking of removing this feature because comments are usually spam or useless like "Nice site!", "Great!" etc.

fashiondoll
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Personally I don't think comments are essential especially if spam is getting through. But perhaps members can either choose to have it or turn the comment feature off and just having the rating?

admin
02-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm leaving for vacation so I'll finish doing something with comments after return.
Meanwhile I tried to clear the database from spam comments and also fixed comments limit problem. So there should be much less spam comments till I come back.

webspromote
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I like the comments options. Give members to post comments on other members websites. If your going to rate it why not leave a feedback. But yes spam does happen so I think an option for us to turn it off would be good idea.