PDA

View Full Version : Syntax Error

lovemycrafts
04-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I am having the same problem! (See below @ <snip>)

UPDATE members_data SET descr='Empower your child\\'s mind with books & software that develop critical thinking across the curriculum! ' WHERE listname="lovemycrafts" AND id=110
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's mind with books & software that develop critical thinking acr

How do I fix this?

<Snip>

I have a couple members who are trying to change there listings ... when I click approve I get this message back:

UPDATE members_data SET name='Pamm's House' WHERE listname="earlychildhood" AND id=103
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's House' WHERE listname="earlychildhood" AND id=103' at line 1

What does this mean?

Scott
04-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Hmmm... interesting. It looks like this is happening because of the ' in the description. I thought we had this problem fixed but I guess not. I will do my best to get ahold of the programmer to fix it this weekend but if not, monday for sure.

In the meantime, I have taken the apostophe out of the word child's that is causing the problem and you can make changes now.

I'll post here when the problem is solved more permanently.

lovemycrafts
04-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Thank you very much for your quick response and the temporary fix!!

Carla :D

Scott
04-30-2005, 07:24 PM
All fixed now! Feel free to add as many apostrophe's as you'd like!

lovemycrafts
05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Thank you very much! You're a peach! :D