PDA

View Full Version : GateWay experimenting

admin
01-27-2018, 07:39 AM
Hello, we are experimenting with disabling gateway voting pages. We are looking if it is better for everyone if we don't use them to get more visitors on TopLists. Don't worry, votes are counted as usual. If you see any problems with votes counting please use support tickets system.

admin
03-01-2018, 11:11 PM
We implemented new anti-cheating system and now there is no need in gateway voting pages. So these pages will stay disabled.

top50dogrpgs
03-21-2018, 07:57 PM
GateWay experimenting
Hello, we are experimenting with disabling gateway voting pages. We are looking if it is better for everyone if we don't use them to get more visitors on TopLists. Don't worry, votes are counted as usual. If you see any problems with votes counting please use support tickets system.

Is this why comments have been disabled since January on topsite lists? What will that improve? Comments helped our site get visited.

tobidadog
03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
I too am wondering why the comments are disabled! It'd be nice to know what's going on so that I can tell my complaining users why they can't vote or comment anymore.

efeds_EMFWrestling
03-24-2018, 07:44 AM
I too am wondering why the comments are disabled! It'd be nice to know what's going on so that I can tell my complaining users why they can't vote or comment anymore.

I'm having trouble on my list. I'm not going to point fingers (because likely it's not anyone on the list). But it feels like since the anti-cheating thing got put into place, something has been not only sending votes up on the list my sites on (which if their active it's fine), but sites that are not active. I kind of wonder if the anti-cheating thing is being worked around somehow. (I've watched these sites all go up a big amount of numbers all at once.) That's doing more than just promote your site, it's actively trying to drive the other active sites away from them to make it seem certain websites are the only active ones. I could be wrong though, but it does smell fishy. Also, the gateways were disabled before comments were, so I don't think they are connected. Not that I know that for fact, but just my observation.

efeds_EMFWrestling
04-22-2018, 11:54 PM
I want to underline that I am still having this problem, and have contacted admin, but have not gotten a response yet. Anyone know where the admin is? They haven't checked the forum in over a month.

I think the anti-cheating efforts have actually done the opposite of what what it was intended for.

tobidadog
04-26-2018, 04:29 AM
I too have been waiting for an answer for a very very long time. I sent in a report several weeks ago with no answer. I'm to the point where I'm ready to drop this service entirely because they've become rather useless.

efeds_EMFWrestling
05-02-2018, 04:48 AM
If it means anything, if they aren't able to help me, and I can't believe I'm saying this. I actually stand behind your request to return the comment boxes. That's hard for me to say, because my site also got unfairly attacked with the comment boxes by trolls. My site (despite others claims) never actually attacked other sites, but at this point it would seem like it was what kept the in vote honest. Even allowed some dialog with other sites. Without it, they have been running wild on the list I'm on.

efeds_EMFWrestling
05-10-2018, 08:45 PM
I should add, if going after what I am going after doesn't go as I would expect. I think the removal of the Gateway page has not benefited me, or my site. Since it was taken down, there has been a lot of dirty voting going on the list I am on (or so it seems). I think it stopped a lot of people from doing what they are doing now, because at worse, it allowed an extra click.

efeds_EMFWrestling
06-25-2018, 03:36 AM
The more I see, the more I believe that the new system did increase the amount of automated votes. I have attempted to get the attention of the admin's, but got nothing.

top50dogrpgs
07-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Still got no response back from anyone running the program behind these lists. It's very disappointing. Without the comments, the votes don't really make a difference anymore. Anyone could click a link and "vote", but for someone to put something nice about your site (even if it's a little criticism), that was more useful than all these spam sites going up and getting 1000s of clickbait votes.

efeds_EMFWrestling
07-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I stand by what I said, because it would seem that it's actually easier for sites to cheat. Because the moment the new measures got put in all of a sudden my site got spammed down the list I'm on. I've witness this month me being spammed vote. putting me out of banner range by 1500-1900 votes. Racking up 4000-5000 votes in a single day (probably more) for sites that haven't been active in years. I don't have an official count, but I kind of doubt that there is even a very small percentage of that number in every active site on the list I'm on even if you put them all together (there are 3 active sites on my list). That's not possible if the methods actually worked. In fact I am sure it's just one person. Pretty outrageous. Yes, I am behind your bring back the comments thing (and added it to my ticket), because that also seemed to keep things in check. (worst I witness then was sites (who were at least active) get to 100 votes fairly quickly. That was ok.)

But yeah...would love to hear from the admin's.

steroids_IceCut
07-26-2018, 02:37 AM
Disgard bad English my partner better, is not here today. I know why changed made to all top list but can not speak freely on deep reason. I know inside workings now. Friend I view on same efed list today to see and am familiar with situation EMF probable brought this on selve probable payments received to client runs shut off you from list from anon benefactor perhaps to show personal lesson. old strategy. Goal was seem to designated order to lower EMF rank disregard who rises random per result. Any enemy you make before? how much is worth to you be elevate up list by identical client run in favor? Our client guaranteed destruct theirs less than 48 hours and retain easy.