PDA

View Full Version : The real meaning of christmas

chdmission
12-20-2010, 02:31 AM
The real meaning of Christmas (Matthew 1:18,Luke 1:26 and 2:40)
Every year we face 25th December and celebrate Christmas with different way.Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. His birth changed the whole world.Because of His birth. Jesus was born in the little town of Bethlehem in Israel over 2,000 years ago.
The Word CHRISTMAS ORIGIN :
Greek X(chi)and Roman letter has been use like X. has been used as an abbreviation for Christ since the mid-16th century.[15] Hence, Xmas is sometimes used as an abbreviation for Christmas. The word Christmas originated as Christís Mass( Christmas)
It was formed from the Middle English Christemasse and it was also called Old English Cristes mśsses (sources from Wikipedia)
Christ birth to World; Every one knows that Christ was born in Bethlehem in Israel over 2,000 years ago but none of us know which date was Jesus born. But strongly we believe that Jesus was born and came to the world because of you and me are a witness that God transformed our life and we are living witness that He was born on earth even some people do not believe His birth.
What happened when He was born: Prophetic words were fulfilled Isa.9:6,7
Isaiah 9:6-7 (New International Version)

6 For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on Davidís throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

We could see our bible is true and our God is true by His birth.

So can we celebrate the Christmas? yes we can celebrate the Christmas, not just 25th December but everyday because He was not just born on earth but the heart of sinner like me. Because He changed my life from pride to humility( He came all the way from heaven to earth,) dirty to holiness.( idolizer to true worshiper)

In India Christmas is great chance to proclaim the gospel by going as carol rounds on the street. This day Christmas is day of freedom to proclaim the gospel directly. So Christ would had not born on earth we could have no freedom from sins of this world

Can we call The Christmas is festival of Freedom and forgiveness from sins like consumes immoderate amounts of food and drink.and addiction of drugs and sex and selfishness Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; I Corn.6:19

so my brothers and sisters God so loved us and He sent His only begotten son to us in order to make us His children from dark and devils, sins and sickness He became our Loving and Living Savior by incarnation

Let us be a sharing Christian, not just proclaiming Gospel to every creature but to be true witness of Christ by ACTION. JESUS IS THE GREATEST GIFT TO THE WORLD BECAUSE HE WAS BORN AND DIED FOR OUR SINS TODAY HE IS LIVING AND LOVING EVERYONE AMEN

THIS IS REAL CHRISTMAS AND CHRISTIANITY
LET US HAVE MEANINGFUL CHRISTMAS
WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR 2011