+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hits out, but no hits in?

Dirty Butter

Hits out, but no hits in?

I have our TopList set this month to not show any blogs that do not have at least one vote. I'm puzzled by how those zero vote blogs could have any hits OUT when I look at the Member List. Could you explain that to me?

Scott
    Sure - the list does not reset and re-rank at the exact same time. The list reset, but all the sites that were on before the reset were still on the list. Then within the next 30 minutes, it reranked, and the ones with no hits in are off the list. In the meantime they could have had some people visiting their list while still appearing on the rankings. Hope that makes sense....

Dirty Butter
    Thanks!

I'm looking forward to being able to sort the Contact Member list, so I can email these inactive members easily. When your programmer finishes, will there be any kind of announcement, or will we just discover new features as they are implemented?

Getting antsy, as you can tell, be still being patient :lol:

Scott
    I'll announce it.

Right now they are still working out some bugs in the directory addition. That's why I haven't even announced that yet, although you will find that you can get listed now through your manager admin screen. I'll make the official announcement once the bugs are worked out so I don't have to answer hundreds of emails

Dirty Butter
    I just added our TopList to the Directory, which showed up immediately. But then, I changed my mind about the Category, and it didn't move. No big deal, and could be something that time takes care of, or it might be one of your bugs, so I thought I'd let you know.

It took some doing to find a way to SEE the Directory. You might want to consider an easier link, maybe on each TopList at the bottom??

Scott
    The directory is linked right from the index page of Go Top 100, I don't know how much easier I could make it

Thanks for letting me know about your category not changing immediately. The directory rebuilds once an hour so changes don't happen right away. I changed your category to weblogs - it should be in that category now. I am trying to keep everything as relevant as possible and will add new categories as necessary.

Dirty Butter
    I found the Directory on the gotop home page, but a toplist member, or even the admin, never sees that page, assuming they have bookmarked their own login, as I have, or if they start on the TopList itself.

I started out in Weblogs, but decided I preferred the Family category, as that is the niche we really fit in. No problem, if you'd rather I stuck to the Weblog category.

+ Reply to Thread