+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major banner update for members.

Administrator

Lightbulb Major banner update for members.

To make Toplists look clean we took a decision not to allow remote member's banners.
    Now only uploading banners to our hosting is allowed.

Banner that you upload to our hosting must comply the following requirements:
    1) It should be one of the following image types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, pjpeg, x-png

2) It can't be more than 45 kbytes

3) It can't exceed the width/height limits which are set by TopList owner.

We started uploading your old banners to our hosting.

Most of members should do nothing about it because most of banners will be uploaded to our hosting automatically.

For banners that will not fit the above requirements:
    We will send you a letter to your registration email with request to change your banner .
    After this email you will have 6 weeks to change your banner.
    If the banner will not be changed in 6 weeks after the email then your banner will be set to "No Banner" in your control panel.

For banners that can't be uploaded:
    We will try to upload your banner several times during next week. If it will not be accessible after this week then your banner will be set to "none" in your control panel.
    If you wish to change your banner then please upload it to our hosting in your control panel.

If you see any bugs during this update please use support tickets.

Re: Major banner update for members.

I am unable to insert a new url to change my banner... it will not erase.... how can I change my banner to comply with these new, draconian, change it or lose it rules?

Administrator

Re: Major banner update for members.

Hello, I see that you changed your banner without problems after reading my answer in ticket.

I'll also explain the process of banner change here for the case if someone else has similar problems:

If you want to upload your banner from the web then
    you should change banner location to "(This Server) Upload from the web". After this you can change url of banner and click "Save" button.
    If you want to upload your banner from you computer then your should change banner location to "(This Server) Upload from your computer". After this field for upload appears and you can upload the banner. After change click "Save" button.

+ Reply to Thread