+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Site Ranking Number

billyfishing

Site Ranking Number

Hi to you all some great questions and answers on the site but i am stuck on one thing.

If you are ranked at say number 2.

How do you make the number 2 come up on the link on the clients page.

I think I got that right a bit hard to explain.

On there page it should come up as ranked No 2 or something like that.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help and would appreciate any comments on my Top 100 site from you all GOOD or BAD.

http://wisfm.gotop100.com/index.php

Thanks
    Billy

Scott
    Hello,

That is not currently a feature that we offer.

billyfishing
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS
    Hello,

That is not currently a feature that we offer.
    Thanks Dave is it something you might do in the future as most sites do this.

Billy

Scott
    We are bigger than most sites (ie we host many more top lists).

You may have noticed that a lot of other top list hosts are extremely slow. This is because every time an image loads on someone's page, it has to contact the server and do a query to see what rank the site is so that it loads the correct image. With thousands of top lists that each have hundreds of sites on them, this would create millions of queries to our server each day and severely slow it down. This affects the entire system, loading of top list pages, etc to the point where it is nearly unusable (I have seen other systems go out of business because of this).

Another problem that I see all the time with those other systems is that the images load very slowly or not at all (again due to the fact that they have to contact the server and perform a query every time they load).

billyfishing

You may have noticed that a lot of other top list hosts are extremely slow. This is because every time an image loads on someone's page, it has to contact the server and do a query to see what rank the site is so that it loads the correct image. With thousands of top lists that each have hundreds of sites on them, this would create millions of queries to our server each day and severely slow it down. This affects the entire system, loading of top list pages, etc to the point where it is nearly unusable (I have seen other systems go out of business because of this).

Another problem that I see all the time with those other systems is that the images load very slowly or not at all (again due to the fact that they have to contact the server and perform a query every time they load).
    Thanks that explained that then.

Thank you for your help would appreciate any help on my top100 if it requires any.

Scott
    Sure thing

billyfishing
    Sure thing
    Thanks

water05201

Aha! That's good info. I thot it might be a nice feature to have too...but I'd rather the speed! Good cal!

+ Reply to Thread