+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is my top list URL not accessible?

edarrel

Why is my top list URL not accessible?

When I tried viewing my top 100 list today from my manager account, It will say:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site: http://extraordinarywebsites.gotop100.com/

Operation Aborted.

What does that mean?

Even my members can't access it either. What did I do wrong. I was able to acces it last night without a problem. How come I can't now?

Please help me!

Thank you all so much! All help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Edarrel

edarrel
    Never mind guys. I found out on my own why! I had a sitemeter in my top 100 and it was not working either in my site or even their main site and that's what aborted the operation all the time.

Thanks for letting me post here though.

Now I see that there are more interesting stuff in here as well so I will come back soon.

Thanks again.

Edarrel Huber

Gwen
    I never had a problem before with SiteMeter but now I am experiencing the same problem as you. When going to SiteMeters web page I get the same response. Do you think this will be corrected? I am lost without my meter

Gwen R~
    The Top 100 Sober Sites
    The Top 100 Sober Blogs
    The Top 100 Yoga Sites
    The Top 100 Spiritual Jewelry Sites

Scott
    I see that all of your sites are working. Did you remove site meter?

If there is a problem with site meter that is causing other sites to not load, it is not something we can fix. You would have to contact their support about that.

edarrel
    I never had a problem before with SiteMeter but now I am experiencing the same problem as you. When going to SiteMeters web page I get the same response. Do you think this will be corrected? I am lost without my meter

--->>>hello gwen, i don't know if Sitemeter will be able to correct it. the bad thing is, i don't have any contact number for them although they have the normal sitemeter report emails but i don't know if those emails are accessible for posting questions.

i am lost without my sitemeter as well. i love looking at how many people already went to my site, but having that code in my top list made my top list inaccessible. so you do have to get that out and save your code coz maybe later on sitemeter will fix up their site.

thanks for the post.

sincerely,
    edarrel

edarrel
    dear dave,

thank you for the reply. Yes, i did remove the sitemeter code in my top list and once i did that, my site became accessible. i had suspected that it was the sitemeter, and so when i was clicking all the top list that i know had a site meter and not accessed it either, my suspicious became true. i went to the sitemeter website and even there you can't open it. so, i deleted the code but saved it just in case they will be back to normal soon. just that the top list can't handle it while the code was still there. but my top list is normal now except of course, minus the sitemeter.

thanks again.

sincerely,
    edarrel

+ Reply to Thread