+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Email address

Feathers

Email address

Hello,

I didn't know people could see your email address. I change my email address. It's works fine. The problem is the email I joined up with is still there for poeple to see..How can this email be changed ?

Thank's.

Scott
    Hello,

Not sure what you mean they can see your email address? Where can they see it?

Feathers
    On the Top list...

If people email you from there they see your email addy.

Scott
    If you mean when members of your toplist use the form to send you a message, they actually can't see your email address.

Feathers
    Yes thats find. But I changed the email address. It is still showing the first one I had. I would just like it the be the one I changed it to.

I get the emails to the new one no worrys.

My question is how do you change what people see.

Scott
    Changed it where? Please tell me what your old email address was and what you want it changed to, and exactly where you changed it? You can pm me the info.

Feathers
    Hi Dave,

I sent you a pm the other day. Just incase you did recevie it. Or looked in your box.

Thank's.

Scott
    You have a bunch of pm's

Scott
    For anyone who's been following this thread....

The members of your toplist can't see your email address. They can only see their own address. When they send a message to you through the script, the "To" field is hidden. It doesn't show that anywhere.

The "Reply-to" field is the only email address that they can see. That is their own email address that they entered when they added their site to the toplist. In this case, the manager of the top list happened to be logged in to her own member account (site that she added to her own toplist) sending a test message to herself, that is why she could see her own email address.

That doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense... let me try it this way. If I joined her toplist and used dave@dave.com as the email address for my site, then sent her a message through the admin area, it would say something like:

Email sent
    To: (hidden)
    Reply-to: dave@dave.com
    etc... etc...

In this case, she added her own site to her own toplist, so obviously, her email address was shown in the Reply-to field.

Feathers
    Yep I get it. Head going into the bucket now ops:

+ Reply to Thread