+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Go Top 100, Hacked??

alvinonline

Go Top 100, Hacked??

Mods/Admin/Dave, sorry if I put this post in wrong forum, feel free to move or delete it if deemed necessary.

I noticed yesterday, for a few hours, that all links to my Go Top 100 list as well as when trying to load gotop100.com, a strange unexpected page loaded. :shock:

It featured a picture of a monkey in a red outfit and a lot of text in Portuguese language. What I translated was mostly senseless garble and not harmful.

It all cleared up last night.
    I was just wondering if it was some kind of hack/crack/hijacking thing. :?:

Side Note: Tremendous Top Sites service and I have been very satisfied with it.

Scott
    LOL yep - the whole server was hacked. Thousands of pages replaced with the Christmas monkey. If you were one of the unfortunate people who didn't get to see the strange Christmas monkey, sorry but he's gone now. It was a long and crazy night getting everything back to normal! :x It could have been much worse I guess, at least it was only a monkey. We have taken extra steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

alvinonline
    Thanks for the information, Dave.

It was kind of funny once I figured out that problem was on your end and not mine. :wink:

Confidence was high that you would soon get it fixed.
    I should have got a screenshot of it for kicks. :twisted:

+ Reply to Thread