+ Reply to Thread

Thread: School Fundraiser = Big $$$

shopnz

School Fundraiser = Big $$$

This Top Site started off as a school fundraiser and now that is finished it is a pocket money venture for my two children.....they are doing rather well.....! 8)

It is a network of men and women in NZ Business - so if you are a kiwi in business or want to send something to someone who lives in NZ then pop in to see what it is all about!

Just shows that even little ones can make some money!

Thanks for taking the time to view

J.B
    http://shopnz.gotop100.com

shopnz

Come See!

Kids are saving up for something.....and it's not college.......

Come See!

shopnz
    I was just thinking other schools could do this as a fundraiser idea and advertise the top site in the school newsletter etc....just a thought for someone!

I know when we started this as a school fundraiser we had no trouble getting local sponsors to sign up as it was seen as a community project and they liked the idea of it being advertised in the newsletter. Goodness, my kids even made it onto the FRONT PAGE of our local newspaper!

Dirty Butter
    Do you charge a fee to be on your toplist? Is that how the funds are raised? Our local school might be interested, if I can explain it to them adequately, so please elaborate on how this is done.

shopnz
    Hi..yes, we charge $10 per annum...it doesn't make heaps, but every little bit helps in school fundraising!

When they sign up, we review the site, if ok we send them details to pay into our paypal account and give them a set time to pay by.

All very simple really! There are lots of businesses out there that would love to be advertised to parents!

Approach local businesses by ourselves and when they saw the kids were doing it and it would be advertised in the school newsletter they are keen to support it...

hope that helps.
    (this started as a school fundraiser, but now just a bit of pocket money for my two kiddies...the fundraiser was for a set time only - but I think this is a novel idea for a school to take on...beats selling biscuits anyday and better for your waistline!!!)

kind regards
    Jane

Dirty Butter
    Thanks for elaborating, Jane. Sounds very useful in our small town situation, with lots of local people who do yard and construction work on the side.

shopnz
    Hope it takes off - you could have fun coming up with a topsite name - using your school or district as the name. I forgot to mention that initially when we started this, we approached businesses directly either in person or email. And they just sent us cheques (not pay pal as I use now)

We contacted the local newspaper and they were really happy to do a big write up about it which the people who signed up loved!

All the best
    Jane

+ Reply to Thread