+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BC to Admin on all email

Dirty Butter

BC to Admin on all email

I'd like to get a blind copy of all emails I send to members, as a record of what I sent them and when.

treehousetim

Re: BC to Admin on all email

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Butter
    I'd like to get a blind copy of all emails I send to members, as a record of what I sent them and when.
    Hi,

My name is Tim Gallagher, and I'm doing enhancements for Dave.

I have a question regarding this feature request.

Right now, the website sends out a single email for each person you select.

Do you want a BCC message for each message that is sent so you have a record of who you sent the message to.

or would you rather have a single copy of the message sent to you without the names of the recipients?

Thanks,

- Tim

Scott
    I'm thinking probably the latter - I don't think I want the system to double the amount of emails it sends out. Just one copy of the email sent to the list owner for their records would be fine.

Dirty Butter
    I have my own blog on the list, so if all I need is a copy of the email, I can include myself in the mailing. What I really need is to know who I mailed it to. I see what you mean about clogging the server, but would there be some way of keeping a list of who a specific email was posted to?

treehousetim
    I have my own blog on the list, so if all I need is a copy of the email, I can include myself in the mailing. What I really need is to know who I mailed it to. I see what you mean about clogging the server, but would there be some way of keeping a list of who a specific email was posted to?
    I have a way to send you a list of email addresses the message was sent to without needing to send you a message for every person the message is being sent to.

When you receive your blind carbon copy of the message, it will have a list of receipents in it, but you will only receive a single message.

Sound good?

- Tim

Dirty Butter
    Perfect!

treehousetim

Re: BC to Admin on all email

Hello,

This is now in place, and should be working.

Please let me know if you have problems with it, or just questions about how it works.

Enjoy!

- Tim

Dirty Butter
    Would the BCC be instantaneous? I just emailed several members, but have not received any copies.

treehousetim
    Would the BCC be instantaneous? I just emailed several members, but have not received any copies.
    How did you email your members? Did you email them using the website?

If you log in to your control panel, then click Contact Members and go through this tool to contact, then it should be working.

One reason it might not be working is if you have no email, or the wrong email address listed on your account.

From the main manager control panel, click "Edit Account" and verify that you have the correct email address in your account.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

- Tim

Dirty Butter
    My email is just fine, Tim. I did use the toplist mail system. These were individual emails to members. Would that be the difference?

+ Reply to Thread