+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BC to Admin on all email

treehousetim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Butter
    My email is just fine, Tim. I did use the toplist mail system. These were individual emails to members. Would that be the difference?
    I tested this just now with a test list with two members.

both members have the same email address (mine)
    and the list admin's address is set to the same address (mine) also.

So, when I send a message to these two members (by clicking the checkboxes on the initial screen) I receive three emails.

One for each member, and one because I'm the admin.

The admin email looks different.

Do you have a spam filter that might possibly be filtering away the messages?

- Tim

Dirty Butter
    It worked just fine with a list with more than one member to contact. It did not do a BCC for 1 email to 1 member, which would also be helpful.

treehousetim
    It worked just fine with a list with more than one member to contact. It did not do a BCC for 1 email to 1 member, which would also be helpful.
    Hello.

I just tested this with a single member, and it worked like a charm.

I received two messages (reference previous message about the members of my test list having the same email address as I have).

I received the message that is sent to the member, and I received the message sent to the admin containing the list of addresses the message was sent to. In this case, the list contained a single address as I had only checked a single receiptent.

Can you send me a link of the page you're using to send messages?

Thanks!

- Tim

Dirty Butter
    Tim, let me give you an example of how I might use a Contact of just 1 member.

In checking out blogs, I notice one only has 1 vote, so I go to it, to see what the problem is, and I can't find the voting link. (it was there earlier)

I go back to the Member List and Search for a word in the Name of the site.

Then I use the Contact link from there. In other circumstances, I might have hit Edit, looked at some information, and then chosen Contact.

That's the one that is not doing a BCC.

It doesn't seem likely that I would be sending individual emails to members from the Contact Members list of all members, but would normally be dealing with a problem concerning their banner or some such from the Member List/Edit information.

treehousetim
    Thanks!

I look into this.

- Tim

treehousetim
    Tim, let me give you an example of how I might use a Contact of just 1 member.

In checking out blogs, I notice one only has 1 vote, so I go to it, to see what the problem is, and I can't find the voting link. (it was there earlier)

I go back to the Member List and Search for a word in the Name of the site.

Then I use the Contact link from there. In other circumstances, I might have hit Edit, looked at some information, and then chosen Contact.

That's the one that is not doing a BCC.

It doesn't seem likely that I would be sending individual emails to members from the Contact Members list of all members, but would normally be dealing with a problem concerning their banner or some such from the Member List/Edit information.
    Fixed.

Dirty Butter
    Thank you very much. It's working perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread