+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Competition Advice Please for Resetting Stats

shopnz

Competition Advice Please for Resetting Stats

Hi...my son and daughter are running a competition on their topsite. The highest number of votes will win a $250 Book Voucher supplied by sponsors. (sorry guys, only open to NZ schools..!)

At the moment stats are set to NEVER RESET. But when we get the final sponsor I want to set the stats to reset after 30days to give us a winner, but keeping all the votes already counted.

My questions are: "When I reset it to 30 days - will I lose the current in/out votes? I do not want to lose them before the 30days are up."

"Is there a way I can check to see who was the winner in case I am not sitting at the computer when the competition ends after the 30days?"

You can see what I mean http://schoolnz.gotop100.com

Hope that makes sense. The site has not officially been 'Launched' so I want to get this right before we write the newspaper editorial...!!!

Scott
    On your top list, all sites will go back to 0 hits in and 0 hits out. However, you can log in to your admin and check the stats - it will tell you which site was listed at #1 at each reset. That should give you the info you need

The other alternative is just to look at your toplist after 30 days and see which site is in the #1 spot.

shopnz

Dense

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply, I have only just realised there is a manual re-rank system in place ops: - just what I need!

Also to let you know that your topsite script is awesome, really easy to navigate! Thanks

Scott
    Thanks

LadyRohan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS
    On your top list, all sites will go back to 0 hits in and 0 hits out. However, you can log in to your admin and check the stats - it will tell you which site was listed at #1 at each reset.
    Will that also list who was at 2nd & 3rd?

Scott
    No, just #1.

+ Reply to Thread