+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Request for another nicety to emails

Scott
    Oh I see - I didn't know you meant the copy that you receive. We can't have all the id's of everyone you send an email to in the subject line (it could be hundreds of id's in the subject line if you mailed everyone on your list), that's why they are in the message body in that email.

The whole purpose (I thought) of having the member id in the subject line of the emails that your members receive was so that if people respond to your email you'll know which member id they are. Right?

So, the emails that your members receive contain the ID in the subject line, and the copy of the email that you receive contains all of the ID's you sent it to in the message body, so you have a reference of who you sent it to.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here...

Dirty Butter
    LOL We're still not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about a single email sent from the Contact Members page, because that person has opted out of the mass email. Sorry I didn't make that clear. As you have said, it was obvious to me that you couldn't put all the ID's in a mass email subject line, so I didn't think to clarify that.

Scott
    Oh, I see. Well it will still place the ID's in the same places as I mentioned in the previous post - Subject line in email to member, and message body in cc to you (which is how it has always worked).

Can you tell me why you would rather have the ID in the subject line of the email that is cc'd to you rather than in the message body if you're only mailing one person?

Dirty Butter
    I keep all these email copies. I could search for the one I want, but it's so easy to quickly skim down the list with the down arrow to check to see if I've already written someone who's having a problem, or to warn them of something they need to fix. I'm not sure why I had never noticed before that it would not show in the subject when I sent them from the Contact page, but I think it's because of the change to Opt Out forcing me to write some people individually, rather than as a group.

If that's the way it is supposed to be, I can adjust my use of it. I just thought it was one of those things that had changed when you fixed something else, as sometimes happens.

Scott
    Ok, glad we are finally talking about the same thing

Unfortunately, it has always been that way. It's just because of the fact that using the contact members form allows you to contact 1 member, or all of your members... so we either have to put the ID in the subject line or the message body, but we can't do subject for one, and message body for the other. I hope that makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread