+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back slash with ' in emails

Dirty Butter

back slash with ' in emails

Here's something else to add to your to do list

Every time I use an apostrophe in an email it shows up as a back slash in the reader's email. From what I understand, this is an easy bug fix, common to a lot of software, as I see it in a lot of other places, too.

Looks like I'm keeping your programmer busy!! :wink:

treehousetim

Re: back slash with ' in emails

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Butter
    Here's something else to add to your to do list

Every time I use an apostrophe in an email it shows up as a back slash in the reader's email. From what I understand, this is an easy bug fix, common to a lot of software, as I see it in a lot of other places, too.

Looks like I'm keeping your programmer busy!! :wink:
    Can you post a sample of an email you've sent, and can you tell me how to click through the manager admin screens to get to the form where you're sending email from?

Thanks,

- Tim Gallagher
    GoTop100.com site programmer

Scott
    I see that an email you just sent out on the system does not have slashes after the apostrophes. So we are trying to pinpoint exactly how this problem is being occasionally caused.

Dirty Butter
    Hmmmmm. I sent out 3 emails today. One of them didn't happen to have an apostrophe anywhere in it. Both of the others show the back slash on my copy of the emails.

Scott
    I see one that was sent yesterday morning, with the word "I'm" in the 2nd line, and no slash in the email.

Scott
    BTW, I'm not disputing that there are slashes sometimes, I see them too occasionally, just have to figure out how they occur.

Dirty Butter
    I'm not disputing what you see, either. I'm just wondering if my members see the slashes, or if it's something Outlook is doing. I have recently changed to Outlook 2007, from 2002. It's the same on both.

Scott
    I don't think your members see the slashes, because I see the email exactly as they would. At least not in these particular emails.

Can you forward me a copy of the most recent email you sent to dave at gotop100 (you cc'd yourself, right?)

Dirty Butter
    I just sent out a new mailing, but this one doesn't have any back slash problems. I'll send you an attached copy of the next one that has the slashes, if it happens again. Maybe you've fixed it!!

Scott
    Haven't changed anything yet

+ Reply to Thread