+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comments Have Been Deleted

DiamondTiger

Comments Have Been Deleted

I was looking over my list this morning to make sure that everything is working properly, and I noticed that comments left for my site are missing. It shows one from October, but none from before that and none that have been left since. I looked at other sites to see if this was a problem all around, but their comments that date back to about the time I started my list are still there. I'm not quite sure what to make of this, because I don't delete comments left for any site unless I am asked to do so by the member. :?:

Scott
    What is your list?

DiamondTiger
    ops:... I didn't think to post it before. *Slap me* Sorry 'bout that.

http://just2chat.gotop100.com/

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Scott
    I see some comments from september, october, and november.... and all the ratings are there...

Are you sure a bunch got deleted?

Scott
    Oh, I just realized you meant your site on that list - which brings me to my next question... which site?

DiamondTiger
    Just 2 Chat is the name of my site. It's odd that these comments have disappeared, and it makes me wonder how many other sites on my list have had the same thing happen. I check some of them on a regular basis, but not every single one... so there's really no way for me to know how many others have had comments deleted unless they tell me. Anyway, the reason I'm asking is because I'd like to have an answer to give my members if they do experiance this.

Sacred Circle has also had comments go missing. As well as The Château. (These I am sure of, because I've left comments for them and they are not there.)

DiamondTiger
    No luck figuring out what happend here?

Scott
    Strange, your post on the 17th didn't alert me that there were new posts. Sorry, I'll look into it tonight.

Scott
    You have the following setting under "Comment options"

Delete Old Comments After n Days (0 = Never)

You currently have it set to 60. I guess that explains it The default for all new top lists is 0 - which means old comments never get deleted, but you must have set it to 60 at some point.

DiamondTiger
    Thank you Dave. I thought I had that set to 0... :?:

I still don't understand though, how the sites I listed above had comments deleted and others on the list did not. For example:

Comments for "The Lighthouse"
    Post a Comment/Rate this Site
    On Mon, 09.25.06 17:18 smurfie rated this site 10 out of 10

And the sites that I listed above had comments as new/old (which ever way you look at it) as the example there.

Ah well, I edited the comments to be deleted never. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread