+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disable Ratings and Comments?

Larae

Disable Ratings and Comments?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the ratings and comments on my lists? Some members have a tendency to have such a competitive and jealousy streak that they will rate other sites down just to be little vicious gnomes.

Scott
    This feature is coming very soon in our next batch of upgrades.

There currently is not a way for you to do it through your manager admin, however I can do it manually for you. The only downside is you won't be able to choose a new template for your list after I do it. If you're happy with the current template then that shouldn't be a problem

Let me know if you want me to remove them from your list for you.

For anyone else reading this, it will soon be as simple as a couple of mouse clicks to enable, and disable ratings and comments.

Larae
    I will hold off until the next upgrades are complete then, no biggie. I can't say for certain if I will want to stick with the same template or not, I have a tendency to like to rearrange the furniture around at times. :wink: So, I don't think making that a permanent thing would be a wise choice.

Thanks Dave

Scott
    I may have a better temporary solution for you. I'll create a new template that is like the one you are using now, but without the comments and ratings. This way won't be permanent

I'll be back later today with instructions.

Scott
    Actually, once I started doing this I realized that when the actual upgrade is ready it's going to open up a whole can of worms. ops:

It might be better if you can hang on for a few days until the real upgrade is ready. Sorry about that! I'll push the programmer to hurry up and get this done :wink:

Larae
    Oh it's no problem, no need to apologize. I don't want to put you through all kinds of trouble, you have already done so much for so many of us by providing such a nice service, in which I can't tell you how much I appreciate. No need to rush. I'll just continue to delete the not so nice ratings/comments out as I catch them. Thank you for your efforts in trying though.

smcdk
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS
    Actually, once I started doing this I realized that when the actual upgrade is ready it's going to open up a whole can of worms. ops:

It might be better if you can hang on for a few days until the real upgrade is ready. Sorry about that! I'll push the programmer to hurry up and get this done :wink:
    Programmer produces code he believes is bug-free....

Sorry Dave, sick danish humour. Can't help it :wink:

Scott
    Ah but it's so true.....

That's why I rely on you guys to find any problems so he can fix them :wink:

Scott
    Those upgrades are ready now - you can disable comments and ratings. See the announcement at the top of the forum for more info

+ Reply to Thread