+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emailing members

maria1099

Emailing members

When you select all the members for a mass email, will each of their addresses be available for everyone to see? There's no need for everyone to know everyone else's address. I know I can send an email individually, but that's going to take some time.

Thanks,
    Maria

Scott
    No, none of the other email addresses are available for anyone to see. The server sends the messages individually to everyone selected on the list.

maria1099
    Great! Thanks!

halloweenmaster
    I understand that we only have to email our topsite members about our topsites information - that's it!

But, the good question is... should we email all members other things than our topsites or not? Just curious. I know it is considered spamming, but not really... what if I offer newsletter in regarding about halloween, horror movies, etc? Because I run for my own halloween topsites. See http://halloweenmaster.gotop100.com

Thanks! :wink:

Scott
    Should you? Sure, you can if you want to - but you'll lose your list.

I told you already that any emails you send have to be regarding your top list. Our mailing system is not there for you to advertise other things, it is there to contact your members about your list.

halloweenmaster
    Lost my list? Tell me how will I lost my list if I advertise anything others than my list?

Will I lost my members and their banners from my list? Will I lost my own topsite page? Can I come back to sign up for another list again?

Scott
    No, people who abuse the email system get one warning, and then if they do it again, they are banned.

halloweenmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS
    No, people who abuse the email system get one warning, and then if they do it again, they are banned.

Yes, I do understand. One warning they get, the next time, they will be banned. But, the good question is what if they have to sign up again? Are they still getting banned for signing up again?

Scott
    Yep!

halloweenmaster
    Wow! This can't be so easy! So, for instance, what if they sing up with their fraudulent names and email addresses, and they will create their topsites again? Can you easily verify them or not?

Well, it always happens everywhere on forums, once a member got banned from there, and they did know how to create another account with fake name and email address. The admin owner can verify their IP address, and have them banned again. I'm not sure if you can check their IP?

+ Reply to Thread