+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something needs to be done.

Angry Something needs to be done.

Purchased lifetime advertisements on some of the toplists, and they are literally falling apart. People are out hundreds of dollars, because the toplist owners are selling all of the space and then taking off.

poshmomboutiques sold her site dry, and seems to have completely abandoned it.

alexastreasure dumped the domain her banners were on, and has never returned to the site to fix them.

This is really ridiculous that people are allowed to take in thousands of dollars (poshmomboutique has raked in about $14,000) to sell lifetime advertisements and then just dump the lists. I wonder if there are even laws regarding that type of fraud.

People should be held accountable. At least allow the sites to be fixed or something. Maybe create some type of rules where people that create lists need to maintain them or something.

Administrator

Re: Something needs to be done.

Hello, I suppose you can complain to paypal if they do such things.

I think you're missing the point or just don't care. There should be some overseeing of the toplists. It's not doing your site any good to have so many lists with invalid image links.

Administrator

Hello, gotop100 is a free hosting for tops. It's like blogspot for blogs.

There is an option for toplist owner to add it's own HTML to his toplist including images from other hosts.
    Of course I can disallow adding links to images on other hosts in HTML but this means that toplist owner will be seriously limited - it will not have possibility to add even a counter to his toplist.

For example I have a blog on blogspot. I made posts with links to images on hosts other then blogspot. After some time I abandoned my blog and after some time these hosts removed these images or their domains expired or they put antihotlink. In result I have broken images on my blog. What can blogspot do about this? I think nothing.

+ Reply to Thread