+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question

imaginationsdoor

Question

Hello, I'm new to the 'topsite manager position' so I have a few queries,

I was able to edit and add banners and such, but my link banners sometimes go blank and have that little red [x] in the corner and when I click on it it says the page (my list) cannot be found, then it will evetunally return and work but it's annoying. Could it be the link code? Or is it possible one of the servers these lists are on?

This is my list, brand new (with just my site).

http://imaginationsdoor.gotop100.com/

I just want to make sure I haven't done anything wrong without knowing it before I go out and invite and advertise on other sites.

Thanks, Much appreciated.

Scott
    Hello,

Where are you seeing the broken images? I looked at your list and it looks fine. Please send specific examples.

Thank you

imaginationsdoor
    Well, sometimes it's not even the link images that are broken, sometimes they'll be fine, but when you click to vote, the page says

'cannot display the webpage
    Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address. '

I don't know if I can send you a specific example as it happens randomly. The link (it's light green) to the list is at the bottom of the page of my website, here;

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Propheci...dark/index.php

Sometimes it's there and I can vote, sometimes it's there and it gives me the message like above or the image is broken and it gives me the massage above. I'm not really sure what else to say...

Scott
    I just checked your page and there were a bunch of broken images at the bottom, including the one from us. Then if I refresh the page, they all show up. I don't think it's a problem from our end because all of those other broken images come from other sites. I clicked through and the top list loaded fast. I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem loading their lists, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's possible a script from invisionfree (like that chatbox right above the images) occasionally causes some of the images on the page to not load, but that is only a guess. Sorry I'm not more help.

imaginationsdoor
    Okay, thanks DaveS. I'll see if they know of anything.

+ Reply to Thread