+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GateWay experimenting

Administrator

Post GateWay experimenting

Hello, we are experimenting with disabling gateway voting pages. We are looking if it is better for everyone if we don't use them to get more visitors on TopLists. Don't worry, votes are counted as usual. If you see any problems with votes counting please use support tickets system.

Administrator

Re: GateWay experimenting

We implemented new anti-cheating system and now there is no need in gateway voting pages. So these pages will stay disabled.

GateWay experimenting
    Hello, we are experimenting with disabling gateway voting pages. We are looking if it is better for everyone if we don't use them to get more visitors on TopLists. Don't worry, votes are counted as usual. If you see any problems with votes counting please use support tickets system.
    Is this why comments have been disabled since January on topsite lists? What will that improve? Comments helped our site get visited.

I too am wondering why the comments are disabled! It'd be nice to know what's going on so that I can tell my complaining users why they can't vote or comment anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tobidadog View Post
    I too am wondering why the comments are disabled! It'd be nice to know what's going on so that I can tell my complaining users why they can't vote or comment anymore.
    I'm having trouble on my list. I'm not going to point fingers (because likely it's not anyone on the list). But it feels like since the anti-cheating thing got put into place, something has been not only sending votes up on the list my sites on (which if their active it's fine), but sites that are not active. I kind of wonder if the anti-cheating thing is being worked around somehow. (I've watched these sites all go up a big amount of numbers all at once.) That's doing more than just promote your site, it's actively trying to drive the other active sites away from them to make it seem certain websites are the only active ones. I could be wrong though, but it does smell fishy. Also, the gateways were disabled before comments were, so I don't think they are connected. Not that I know that for fact, but just my observation.
    Last edited by efeds_EMFWrestling; 03-24-2018 at 07:50 AM.

I want to underline that I am still having this problem, and have contacted admin, but have not gotten a response yet. Anyone know where the admin is? They haven't checked the forum in over a month.

I think the anti-cheating efforts have actually done the opposite of what what it was intended for.

I too have been waiting for an answer for a very very long time. I sent in a report several weeks ago with no answer. I'm to the point where I'm ready to drop this service entirely because they've become rather useless.

If it means anything, if they aren't able to help me, and I can't believe I'm saying this. I actually stand behind your request to return the comment boxes. That's hard for me to say, because my site also got unfairly attacked with the comment boxes by trolls. My site (despite others claims) never actually attacked other sites, but at this point it would seem like it was what kept the in vote honest. Even allowed some dialog with other sites. Without it, they have been running wild on the list I'm on.
    Last edited by efeds_EMFWrestling; 05-02-2018 at 05:38 AM.

I should add, if going after what I am going after doesn't go as I would expect. I think the removal of the Gateway page has not benefited me, or my site. Since it was taken down, there has been a lot of dirty voting going on the list I am on (or so it seems). I think it stopped a lot of people from doing what they are doing now, because at worse, it allowed an extra click.

The more I see, the more I believe that the new system did increase the amount of automated votes. I have attempted to get the attention of the admin's, but got nothing.

+ Reply to Thread