+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hits On Undisplayed Sites

Alstan

Hits On Undisplayed Sites

Hi DaveS,
    My list has been established for quite a while and for various reasons has several sites that are not displayed.
    What I've been noticing for some time is that these sites occasionally get Hits Out.
    I have tried changing my password but its still happening.
    Wondering if my admin is being hacked ?

Scott
    Hello,

No, your admin hasn't been hacked. Please PM me with a specific example of a site and I will look into it. There's probably a very good explanation.

Alstan
    PM sent.

Thank you for your attention.

Scott
    If the site were listed before a reset. When the reset occurs, all the incoming hits are set to 0, but the sites are still displayed until the next re-rank. So there is the possibility that a site would be displayed for approximately half an hour, get a hit or two out, and then when the list reranks, the site would disappear from the list.

If you have site of the moment enabled (which I see you don't, but maybe did in the past) a site with 0 hits in could appear in that. If you have search enabled, people could find the site on your list via search. Finally, it is possible the out URL to their site is indexed in a search engine.

Alstan
    Maybe never know which cause for certain.
    As it only seems to amount to a few hits it won't have that much effect on the rankings so probably is not worth worrying about any further.

Thanks very much for the reply.

A.

Scott
    No problem. By the way, it should have no effect on the rankings at all, unless you are ranking your list by hits out instead of hits in.

+ Reply to Thread