+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Votes not regestering.

johanna13
    Yes its our admin forum..

Scott
    I had all 3 people click again and it went from 1191 to 1194

Scott
    I'm sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. Everything is working.

johanna13
    I see this !!! I just dont understand this... I look like a fool here !!
    Let me ask you this>>>
    When you just clicked.. did it show up immediately??
    It seams as if it did..
    Our have not I just dont get it...
    Ok Well you did all you could and its clearly working when you click...
    Thank you for taking this time ...
    Ill be up all night trying to figure why your s all worked and ours dont !!!
    Thank you....

BTW>> do you hit the link above the logo on the top 100 vote or the logo itself ?
    Maybe that's the issue??
    Grabbing at straws here !!

Scott
    The hits didn't show up on the list immediately, but I manually re-ranked it so I wouldn't have to wait an hour for them to show up. Remember they don't show up in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by johanna13
    BTW>> do you hit the link above the logo on the top 100 vote or the logo itself ?
    Maybe that's the issue??
    Grabbing at straws here !!
    I'm not sure what you mean there.... I didn't click anything on the top list.

mzizgayle
    LOL (my post just disappeared into space)...may I interupt this to help you know why the issue Dave. I am Gayle, I am owner of 3 groups listed in the Top 100 and a member of the canine group.

Not too long ago we all suddenly noticed a group come out of nowhere, and began right away on the list in the top 15 of the already groups there. This in itself caused a major concern, since he was starting out with about 800 votes right off the bat. He set up an inactive group in Yuku and then posted a link out on the net so people could get an "In" (vote) (seems he had a book site where you could download e-books, etc).

I watched his numbers of course along with everyone else, and his numbers were registering sooner than 24 hours. I would check his and mine first thing in the morning, mine would did not move in count from the previous day, whereas his would register 50 or more from the previous day. I would check at lunch from work and his would have another 50 or more showing higher than that morning and maybe mine might show the higher counts finally from the previous day.

Now I am noticing that these counts for my groups do change to reflect a couple of votes after the 24 hours. But since we are all scattered thru out the wide world of the net, depending on our time zones, we are seeing things differently. I have members in my group from US, England, Africa, etc.

So here are the questions for some clarifications

1. What time zone are they registering from, when they update (where is the server located that controls this)

2. This of course is not real time? Could it be made real time, and restrict the person/url who just came in from adding another click within 24 hrs?

3. Are the counts based on the Url or the user name? Can a person use different computers? such as me at home or at work, would this be 2 counts?

OK hopefully that might help you understand why many are having an issue. and for the record, someone has since removed our invader. lol

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by mzizgayle
    Not too long ago we all suddenly noticed a group come out of nowhere, and began right away on the list in the top 15 of the already groups there. This in itself caused a major concern, since he was starting out with about 800 votes right off the bat. He set up an inactive group in Yuku and then posted a link out on the net so people could get an "In" (vote) (seems he had a book site where you could download e-books, etc).
    Perhaps the owner of the top list was advertising a site and gave him/herself a good head start. Or maybe this person wasn't the list owner, but was cheating somehow using bots all with different IP addresses. I really can't say.

I watched his numbers of course along with everyone else, and his numbers were registering sooner than 24 hours.
    Of course, hits all register every time the list re-ranks. Most lists are set to re-rank every hour.

Now I am noticing that these counts for my groups do change to reflect a couple of votes after the 24 hours. But since we are all scattered thru out the wide world of the net, depending on our time zones, we are seeing things differently. I have members in my group from US, England, Africa, etc.
    It doesn't matter where you are in the world, every time the list re-ranks, the hits in will be updated to reflect all valid clicks received in the previous hour.

1. What time zone are they registering from, when they update (where is the server located that controls this)
    The server is located in Pacific time, but the owner of the list could have it set to some other time. As I mentioned, it doesn't matter.

2. This of course is not real time? Could it be made real time, and restrict the person/url who just came in from adding another click within 24 hrs?
    It can't be real time. That would mean that all of the thousands of top lists we host would have to re-rank every some someone visited, and the system would crash within a few minutes. It already does restrict people from voting again within 24 hours. That's what this whole 24 hour thing is. If you click more than once within a 24 hour period, it's only going to count the first click.

3. Are the counts based on the Url or the user name? Can a person use different computers? such as me at home or at work, would this be 2 counts?
    The counts are based on IP address. If you "vote" from one computer and then go somewhere else and "vote" again from another computer with a different IP address, both will count.

johanna13
    Back again !!! sorry but its the same thing today !!!
    It is now 3:30 pm my time,,,
    I voted today and as far as I know for sure so did 5 other members....
    The total hits are the same as when I left here last night...

Canine Support Group
    1198 1102

Scott
    Do me a favor and post a message once you are on the forum. I want to try a little test.

Once you are back, wait for me to respond.

johanna13
    Post a message on my forum CSG?
    how will you find it??
    Ok Ill post to you in the lounge area.... its public...
    Ill go do it now....

+ Reply to Thread